Wednesday, January 29, 2014

4. Cynthia, 46 years old. Started working as a prostitute caseo at age 13. Fled when life with her

History of drug addicts in the South Bronx (Part 1) NEWS IN PICTURES
Comment photographer caseo Chris ARNAD: "I publish caseo stories of people as they were told to me. I am not a journalist, I did not check, just listen. caseo Very easy to live each day in a crowd and not look, do not explore the amazing variety of stories offered by society. It is also very easy to ignore the other. We are not looking for these people, do not talk to them, we simply create their own judgment, caseo limiting our view of the world. Your photos and stories attached to them, I hope to show that in our society every person, regardless of his position, bears some value. "
1. Vanessa, 35 years old, has three children and husband-addict. She "fell off the rails, began using heroin" when she gave away children and grandmother. Drugs led to the fact that she was homeless and went to the panel. Vanessa grew up on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx, but now lives in Hunts Point, "trying to survive another day. In any way. " She stood in the cold outside, where wandering in search of at least some classes. Despite the cold she wore shales. She was smoking caseo in the company of her two friends. When I asked her to describe her friend Mary Alice said: "She is a good woman of anyone I know. She'll give you the shirt off, of course, if she is on it. " (Chris Arnade)
2. Clarence "Recycle Bin" - so called vacant lot on the other side of the industrial district in Hunts Point. It is here that inhabit many addicts who spend most of their time gossiping immediately and smoking weed. Here they bring their carts with the assembled good, then to sell it at the nearest scrap yard. Clarence caseo lived here for 40 years, after a teenager went from North Carolina. I had a long conversation with Clarence, who once worked as a truck driver. His addiction led to loss of jobs, homes and health problems. But telling it, he did not seem angry, sad or upset. (Chris Arnade)
3. Freezing rain and wind Prince dragged him along the street old air conditioner. Released from prison (2.5 years for drug trafficking), he lost his home and now collects scrap night to the morning to exchange it for cash. Usually spends money on heroin, because of which three have already been in jail. Prince was the eldest in a family of 17 children. As a child, neighbor trying to rape him that Prince realized only later, when matured. Despite his condition, he was very polite and optimistic. When I asked him how to describe it, he said: "Just do not about drugs. Tell me what I got out of school and just finishing college. " (Chris Arnade)
4. Cynthia, 46 years old. Started working as a prostitute caseo at age 13. Fled when life with her mother in Brooklyn had no luck. "I did not want to hear it. She did not give me enough time. " During his life, Cynthia gave birth to 15 children, 11 of whom are still alive. Her youngest 16, the oldest - 30. We talked about young prostitutes in Hunts Point, and she said: "Hunts Point is not what it once was when the girls kept together. caseo And then along came cocaine and heroin, which ruined everything. There, you see a girl? She had no choice and it's wrong. " The question of how to describe it, said: "Fair. It is. I always tell the truth. " (Chris caseo Arnade)
5. Syuprim saw me taking pictures and asked to take his picture with the dog, which he called Obama. When I asked him why he shows the middle finger at the camera, he replied: "It is those who will judge me." Then I asked: "Who are you?" And he replied: "Fucking addict." (Chris Arnade)
6. I was worried that no longer see Diana. The last time we talked, we were chased by the police. When we met again, she apologized caseo and offered to continue the conversation. Seeing her standing in the cold waiting for customers on Christmas Eve, I was not myself, but a question of the police, "Why do you do this photograph strashilinu?" Infuriated even more. When I photographed Diana, was not feeling well. (Chris Arnade)
7. I walked down a long lane, photographing everything. Then I saw Henry, and he - me. Our eyes met, and he was asked to do a portrait of him. When asked what he was doing, he replied: "I am a beggar, sir." On the street he lived for nearly 20 years, ever since addicted to cocaine. I taught English in Harlem, then my mother died and left me some money. And I lost all cocaine. Lost his job, family, everything. " (Chris Arnade)
8. Sonia, 46 years old, mother of five children and a drug addict, "sells body for drugs." She was smart, polite and well-delivered speech. She told me and my girlfriend Nina about his long struggle with addiction. Sonia started using when she was 22, then she had three children, and she worked two jobs. She became a prostitute, changing caseo sex for drugs. When we asked her how she needed money for drugs a day, she said, as much as possible. I can not

No comments:

Post a Comment